This website functions as a sort of library for all the videos, articles, Quick-Reference Guides, and in-depth eBooks that I have created and collected over the years. Today's post is a mini tour of all the helpful information we have to offer parents and caregivers. Check out the latest helpful parenting resources!
The Parent Resources Page
An extension of my regular blog articles, the Parent Resources Page showcases these five categories:
- Videos - watch educational videos from the Apple Hill Institute.
- Quick Guides - use our convenient downloadable PDFs of common childhood challenges.
- eBooks - explore my comprehensive deep-dive articles in a handy electronic booklet format.
- Video Blog - review this extensive collection of my popular video blog, Dr. C's Morning Minute.
- Focused Articles - reference the articles that answer some of the common questions parents ask.
My Book Page
For more than 30 years I've honed my experience as a Clinical Child Psychologist and Certified School Psychologist. In my mission to share my knowledge with the parents and caretakers that I speak to in my practices, I wrote a book to outline and address the five most challenging health conditions that people seek my help for. This page talks more about my book, Managing The 5 Most Challenging Childhood Behavioral Health Conditions Of Our Day, what information it contains, and how to pick up your own copy wherever you live.
The Focused Articles
Sometimes a subject deserves a more focused article to narrow down the information needed. The Focused Articles Section of the Parent Resources Page highlights some common questions parents have for our treatments and diagnostics.
- Medication Management
- ADHD - Facts and Fallacies
- Quick Answers to Five Common Questions About Childhood Disorders
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder or “O.D.D.”
My EBooks are comprehensive, interactive digital magazines with videos and links. Covering some of the most popular childhood challenge subjects, they are packed into an easy-to-read and share format for your convenience. They are in the blog archives and listed with the blog articles as they are posted, but they also have a handy home on the eBooks Page. Here is the list at this time (more are added regularly):
- How We Treat Series: Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, Autism, Emotional Outbursts
- The Steps to Improve Your Child’s Behavior, with Teaching Videos
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) in a Parent-Friendly Format with Teaching Videos
- The ADHD Diagnosis, Severity Level, and Treatment Options
- The Most Common Discipline Methods Don’t Work: Here’s Why, and How to Make Them Work
Let's Get Social!
I like to share my advice and answer questions from the public directly on my professional Facebook Page. It also has daily tips and suggestions about parenting: https://www.facebook.com/dr.johncarosso. Send me a message, and share something you've learned or liked!
Other Important Resources
If your child struggles with reading, see the Dyslexia Diagnostic & Treatment Center at DyslexiaTreaters.com for our dyslexia resources and online Reading Therapy. Here, you can easily set up an appointment for a diagnosis, learn more about recommended treatment options, and schedule our Reading Therapy sessions from the comfort of your own home.
I trust you'll find these resources to be helpful and informative. Feel free to email me with any questions at DrCarosso@aol.com or call to schedule at (724) 850-7200. May God deeply bless you and your children.